About Me...

Hello world! Me? An eccentric living organism that ponders the supernatural abilities of humanity

Get The Latest Posts

Sign up to get email updates

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Free JavaScript Hosting for Your Blog

Today, I'm going to introduce you to a really useful website that provides some very valuable services for bloggers for no cost. Nowadays, I see many blogs use some cool animations on their headers and Home Pages. Check this blog, this blog or this blog to see what I mean. Usually, these animations are done using JavaScript codes. So you will have to embed these JavaScript codes to your XML blogger template. But doing that is a little bit ugly because then your blog's source code will be stuffed with all sorts of programming language codes. So the best way to solve this is to keep the JavaScript in a separate file and then link it to your XML template through some HTML. For that you need to find a file sharing website that allows you to upload your JavaScript files.

I tried several free file sharing websites(mediafire, fileqube, filefactory, nakido) but none of the allows hotlinking(that is the feature you need for this) for free account holders. However, if you have a premium account, you are entitled to that feature but unfortunately I couldn't afford to spend my money on that(I was having a low budget while I was in university). So I went in search of a site that allows hotlinking of files for free. After some effort, I came across these two sites called fileave and hotlinkfiles. I created free accounts in both sites and tested  the JavaScript linking. Guess what? It worked!

I think you have seen the fading image effect which is displayed on the Home Page of this blog(if you haven't, then see that cool effect here). That animation is achieved by linking an external JavaScript file to this blogger template. That JavaScript file is hosted at HotlinkFiles - Get Free File Hosting now!

So the next time you need a file host that allows hotlinking of files for free, I recommend these sites

0 comments:

Post a Comment